Friday, May 29, 2009

A week with grandma

Last week, I've stayed at my grandma's house. Which at early, I've imagined a whole week of no internet. It should be a bit sucks. But after the second day there, It wasn't that boring anyway. I've learnt so many things. In fact, I don't need to do all the chores I did at home..huhu. She told me lots of stories, most of her life experiences, when she was still a young woman. She taught me how to sew clothes and simple trousers. I even manageg to sew a batik trouser and the baju kurung. I really-really respect her as an old member of the community.

Grandma house got astro. I enjoy cartoons and action drama like CSI and House, a medical related drama. One day, I turn on the Hallmark channel and there was a movie on that particular time. At first, I don't think the movie was my type. Still, I watched it. Its a story of a bad man just knew that he was the last relative of an old woman, which was his grandmother. He was in the run from the man who gave him the illegal loan, which us in Malaysia called 'Ah Long'. He tried to get all the inheritance so that he could pay that loan shark. Day after day past, and he actually gain more love to that old grandma he had. But, the story didn't end happily. His grandma died. Tumor. He was so upset but he never regret on knowing that he did make her life a bit lively than before. He cancelled his decision to sell his grandma house. Instead, he lived there, in the small town he used to hate, Harmony,Texas.

From the movie, I think I'm gonna spend more time with my grandma because I know she loved me. Appreciate her for everything she'd done for me..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;