Sunday, July 12, 2009

With Akhawat

Salam alaik..


It has been a week since the 3rd sem started. Means… it’s also been a week I’m staying in this house I rent with other 4 housemates. House OK, quite big for 5 people. Just nice.

It’s time to learn how to be independent…


Sincerely, there’s a big difference from my previous life here. A culture shock at first, but fitting in is my priority to survive… almost.


Opss! Before I reveal further about my new life in my new house with my new housemates and friends… let me share a bit about my so called ‘previous life’( in my 1st year ).


I stayed in a room at the hostel, with other 3 room mates. All of us are just like other majority people. We don’t really strict in managing our life. We do what we think we can. We don’t do what we think we can’t. We are not that Islamic, but we’re not that social as well. Life’s simple.


Free time filled with waking up very late in d morning, watching movies, endless n worthless chats among roommates, play games, sleep, eat, revise the lecture notes(in case very rajin la tu..), finish the assignments and so on. Performing solat at musolla wasn't included. Same goes to ta'lim and other related stuff. I did join the usrah, but there's so much reasons for not following the schedule. The same routine in weekends...


Now…


I live with akhawat. What’s that? Well, what I can simplify about it’s definition is a bunch of girls with strong bonds to help and improve each other in the effort of getting the Almighty redha.

The routine is different. Here, we pray in jemaah in most of the time. After that, we’ll recite al-Ma’thurat together. We try not to sleep after Fajr. We try to wake up early, so that we can perform the Qiam. Lack of worthless chats, we rather give tazkirah, a simple ta’lim, tell stories about sirah and hadith, share the knowledge about things that can improve our Iman ( InsyaAllah ). Sometimes, other akhawat did come here. They got meetings, musyawarah to improve the da’wah progress. Maybe that’s why this house not as hot as my previous room. The baraqah is here..


***********************************************************************************


*Commercial break – today’s the first day we cook. Nasi+tumis ikan bilis+kobis masak telur+telur dadar+kordial anggur yg rasa dia mcm roselle(kata kak niza, the eldest housemate-already graduated). Just nice for bujang-ers’. Huhu..tak sangka, diri ini mampu memasak rupanya..



***********************************************************************************

Continued..


Emm… I’m just a person that can easily affected by people around me, especially my friends. So, choosing who I must be with is really important. That’s why I tried to be close to these people that I think could possibly guide me and my life. So that I won’t slipped away too far from the purpose of living - to seek His redha and serve as a good servant. (Even there are moments when parts of me become really stubborn and rebellious to this path of life I’ve chose). Of course, there are lots of obstacles in doing good things.


Fighting is prescribed upon you, and you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and that you love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah know,, and you know not.

Al-baqarah:216


I’m just too weak to walk on this earth alone… too weak to istiqamah..too weak to fight what nafs keep telling me. I need to fight what looks nice in this two eyes.. I must.


I just need to hold on longer, force myself to accept the rules in this house so they’ll suit my routine. I know, I can’t manage my life alone. I need someone that can always remind me when I forgot, encourage me to do what a good servant got to do. Hope that one day, I can be as strong as other akhawat too… ameen.


p/s: don't become prejudice to other people. Befriend with everyone, but choose the right one to be your sahabat.

3 comments:

jie said...

alhamdulillah..hehe
sejuk baca...
abg harap zarin dapat la adapt life duk umah sewa ni...
life always full of unexpected things..tapi lau kita kuat...leh la hadapi..

p/s-petang tadi lum jumpa g motor..sok abg tlg cari kat kedai lain plak...

Zaren said...

grasias & InsyaAllah...
tp, bhy la guna 'abg' kat cni..kontroversi tu...huhu
a.fizi pn bgus jgk, dh tak terlibat ngan benda2 tak berfaedah cam dulu tu..
sama2 doa semoga hijrah ini berkekalan...

bab moto tu, tenkiu la..tp jgn smpai sshkn diri plk erk..slow2

p/s: ni senior den, fasi tyme matrix.suka je amik tau psl 'anak buah' dy..huhu..

jie said...

owh2..ok2..minta maaf la ye kepada pembaca2 blog ini...saya ni dulu faci dia...
termasuk dia,saya da 18 ag adik yg lain..haha

Post a Comment

 
;